Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Just Call to Say....

Received a call today...was busy with something so didnt hurry to answer it...
When I finally took out my handphone...it displayed 'private number'...
I was thinking to myself, 'Oh no, not a call from my boss again...its a weekend!'...
The moment I said 'Hello'...I heard a familiar voice coming from the other end!!!
I couldn't believe my ear!...I asked him so as to reconfirm my guess...IT IS HIM!!!! And all the way from USA!!!
(He actually sms-ed me from Bali about a month ago to inform me that he will be going to US for a year.)
I know that he is not from a well-to-do family...I was wondering how he can afford to make a long-distance call to me...so I asked him if he called me via phone...don't want to waste his money...then he told me that he used the internet to call me...Phew...
He updated me about his life there...doing internship in a hotel for a year...rented an apartment with four other guys, one from Africa and the rest I couldn't remember...job easier there but standard of living very high...then I told him to take some pictures of New Jersey to show me...he sounded confused then told me he is in Washington DC...so embarrasing...
We chatted for quite a while...told me it was 12+am in USA...I finally found the guts to ask him about his TW girlfriend...Wasn't sure what his answer was but I think they are still together...haiz...hehe...
I told a friend about him calling me and she said maybe out of 10 calls to his girlfriend, he would draw lots to see who he would call next...so mean of her to say that...but I believed that K called me because he is in a foreign country now, just like he was here in Singapore last year and I was the nicest Singaporean to him...I guess that was why he thought of me...
But whatever the reason it is, I am very happy to receive his call...it is good to talk to him again and to listen his voice and his accent...and when he laughed, I remembered his cute smile...
Hope that we will continue to keep in contact...and the next time I were to visit his country or he visits mine, we will have a get-together again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home