Saturday, July 05, 2008

NE Show 2008







The weather was foreboding this afternoon, looking as though it would be pouring.
It did pour but we were lucky, when we met at 4pm, the sky was clear. In fact, the weather was great!

When we were making our way to our green sector seats, suddenly a Malay man stopped us and asked if we were a couple!? I shook my head and answered very quickly No, thinking that he was trying to interview us or to get us to play some games. Actually he was asking whether only the two of us were watching the parade coz he had 2 yellow sector tix and 2 green sector tix and he would like to swop tix with us. Haha!!! What a misunderstanding! Kelvin said that I was very lucky to be paired up with him, a 21 year old guy. Inside my heart, I was thinking poor Kelvin, had to pair up with an auntie again this year (last year, Mr and Mrs Hong thought that Kelvin, Boon, Sally and I were dating couples, haha!). Anyway, we were very lucky, the yellow sector is right infront of the main stage! We got a very good view of everything from where we were seated.

I didn't like the funpack this year, not very user-friendly. And this is the forst time I see people discarding the bag, so sad. I miss the fan, they did not include one in the funback. We were also not given instructions as to when to use the items in the funback. What a letdown.

The choir is back! Brings back the old flavour to the parade. Love the photos they screened while the choir was singing. Very well-taken.

The best part of this year's NDP must be the aerial display by the Black Knights. The moves they made were graceful and the stunts heart-stopping! So dangerous! And we caught sight of Zoe and her son, Braydon! They must be there to watch her husband's performance, he is one of the pilots. Zoe is very pretty and her son is so cute!

The fireworks as usual was beautiful but I find it not fanciful enough. Maybe it would be nicer on the actual day but I love the picture we took with the fireworks as our backdrop.

On the whole, even though there was a number of hiccups, the show was great. I thought the perfomers for the mass display were fantastic, could'nt say the same for the hosts though.

Anyway it was always fun to watch the parade with Kelvin, hope that we can do it again next year!

Singapore, I Love You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home